AUA Annual Meeting Sponsorship & Promotional Opportunity Policy
The AUA Annual Meeting is the cornerstone of professional education for urologists and Allied health-care professionals. While the AUA Annual Meeting features networking, social events and the Science and Technology Hall, the AUA manages the level of promotional efforts to maintain a reasonable balance between industry exposure and scientific integrity.
In order to secure sponsorship or promotional opportunities in conjunction with the AUA Annual Meeting, a company must contract an exhibit booth or ExpoSuite in the Science & Technology Hall.
Annual Meeting Advertising Guidelines:
- The AUA manages all advertising opportunities within the Annual Meeting Convention Center. No requests for advertising within the Convention Center should be made directly to the convention facility.
- The AUA requires that all exhibitors contact the AUA before contracting any promotional opportunities outside of the Convention Center to ensure the meeting maintains its high level of professionalism.
- The AUA will not allow promotional opportunities within a two-mile radius of the Convention Center nor any multi-media promotional opportunities. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, those at the airport, on billboards/moving billboards, buildings/building signs, taxis and buses. The prohibition specifically includes (but is not limited to) buildings facing the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, such as the Historical Society of Washington, DC, building.
- The AUA will offer some opportunities outside the Convention Center that will be available to exhibitors on a first-come, first-served basis. As each annual meeting host city offers unique promotional opportunities, exhibitors are encouraged to contact the AUA to consider adding new sponsorship and promotional opportunities to its menu of offerings.
- By contract, the AUA will manage all sponsorship and support opportunities within the Annual Meeting convention hotel properties. No requests for such opportunities within the hotels should be made directly to the hotels.
- The AUA coordinates access to hotel dark television channels and will offer them as a sponsorship during the annual meeting, giving preference to any AUA-produced videos.
- Hotel promotions in the format of signage, door drops and gobo lights is prohibited. The AUA Doctors' Bag is the approved vehicle for distributing literature and promotional items to attendees at their hotels.
- The AUA reserves the right to impose appropriate disciplinary measures to violators of these guidelines.
The goal of the AUA Annual Meeting Sponsorship & Promotional Opportunities Policy is to ensure that attendees have a positive educational experience, and that exhibitors have reasonable opportunities to market and showcase products. All advertising during the AUA Annual Meeting must be submitted for approval by the AUA Industry Relations Department.
Please feel free to contact Rachel Krall, AUA Industry Relations at rkrall@AUAnet.org or 410-689-4039.